Sunday, 20 June 2010

The Jabulani

There has been a lot of controversy about the use of the Jabulani ball in the 2010 FIFA World Cup - how it's too light, how it moves too much in the air, etc. This is my opinion about it: a couple of Jabulanis were used in the school football tournament I had taken part in (see previous post). Playing as goalkeeper, I had no such problems - in fact, I managed to concede a mere 1.33 goals per match over 3 matches, one of which was a penalty. Admittedly, the attacks of international (not to mention professional) football teams are slightly more menacing than the ones I have faced, but surely, if a goalkeeper of my stature can keep that low a rate, international, professional goalkeepers should have no trouble bettering me. Therefore, you men need to step your games up.

Sincerely,

Adhit Sutresna

Note: I hope you have noticed that this is very much a joke. A rate of 1.33 goals per game is absolutely shameful, especially against 12-16 year olds of relatively mediocre talent, thus rendering my opinion completely and utterly invalid.

3 comments:

  1. HA! you think that's bad? I once had people score 9 goals on me in one game... and they weren't even a good team. So I wouldn't worry about your 1.33 record if I were you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Grudz. I was lucky to have decent defennders too, otherwise I would have conceded many more. Maybe yours just let you down that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks the Jabulani is overrated. Just a humble opinion from someone who reeeally doesn't follow footie. I like tennis more... Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete