It's a really refreshing sound to hear the airplane stop. I'm almost literally foaming-at-the-mouth excited to be here in (insert location). Why? Because I'm going to the Sparkvention!
One whole year I saved up for this thing - I took jobs at a time, sold multiple things varying in value and practically didn't eat lunch at school for that whole year (note to self: make up for it at the Sparkvention). But you know what? It's worth it - I can finally meet the people who inspire me, listen to me about my day and continually crack me up with their amazing personalities (sure, my real life friends are funny, but the Sparklers are just something else). As I stepped off that plane, I could only think of one thing: where's the freaking toilet?
Fortunately, Sparknotes and its sponsors have agreed to pay for accommodation and transportation (aside from the plane tickets for international or inter-regional visitors) and it appears that there is a shuttle waiting for me. I immediately recognise a face: it's Hanini! Apparently the shuttle was about to take off as I walked towards the seat next to hers, forcing me to stumble and fall flat on my face. With as red a face a dark-skinned person can have, I pick up my feet and take that seat. Despite my extremely recent humiliation, the sight of multiple bruises on Hanini's arms (suggesting that she had fallen several times before I did) offered some consolation. MLIA.
i wish. a sparkvention would be soo cool.
ReplyDeleteHey Gummy! Thanks for the follow. There will be about 9 more parts to come in this imaginary Sparkvention. It may/may not include Dan doing stand-up.
ReplyDeleteAAAHHHHH I GOT A MENTION!!!! *huggles self*
ReplyDeletedoes i get a mention? *sits and waits (im)patiently for next posts*
ReplyDeleteno problem [:
it'd probably be in New York. at the Sparknotes HQ. PARTY!!! :D:D:D
ReplyDelete@ Gummy You might/might not be mentioned.
ReplyDelete@ Sky If you're not from NY, can I bunk with you in the imaginary Sparkvention?
I can haz mention? :D
ReplyDeleteMention me pleeeeeasies!!
ReplyDelete@ Neil, Bruce and Gummy You will haz mentionz.
ReplyDeleteI soooo want to go to a Sparkvention!
ReplyDeleteI can haz mention too?
ReplyDelete@ Funsize All my followers and I will be the heroes. That includes you!
ReplyDelete