Saturday, 1 May 2010

Blogging Glee, Part 2

In this episode, Rachel raps. Badly. Like, worse-than-Taylor-Swift's-rapping bad. 'Nuff said.












What? Why are you still here? I thought you would've left after reading that first bit. No? Fine, I'll blog the rest of the episode.

The episode actually starts pretty well - 'Freak Out' aside. I agree with the kids when they said that it's not quite the best song to appeal to a large group of average teenagers. That said, neither is 'Gold Digger' (that was soooooo 5 years ago). But still, Will showed that he could dance and rap (better than Taylor Swift, anyway), which was pretty entertaining. Awesome points for him.

Speaking of Awesome points, I am deciding to make a table. Here is the default table:

Arty: 50 (it's a default setting, can't change it)
Will: 0
Finn: 0
Tina: 0
Mercedes: 0
Kurt: 0
Sue: 0
Quinn: 0
Emma: 0
Ken: 0
Rachel: -167 (another default setting, sorry)

OK, back to the episode. After the singing of 'Gold Digger', things start to go downhill. Rachel and Finn's ploy to advertise the club without singing 'Freak Out' wasn't bad, but their solution was (IMO) stupid. But before that, the celibacy club. I may be slightly in the dark here, but I'm not sure how grinding with a balloon as a 'barrier' will help to abstain. Feel free to enlighten me in the comments.

The rehearsal session wasn't so great either. Finn's F (the musical note) was pretty cool (I'm not quite there yet), but aside from that, it was terrible. The lead up to the Finn/Rachel kiss was horrible. 'You can kiss me if you want'. What? And Finn, you have a girlfriend! No matter how much she's leading you on, you have no right to kiss her. And then, you made it worse by... uh... being early (let's just keep it at that). 50 awesome points off right there.

Now to the performance. 'Push It'? Really? I mean, I can understand that those kids want something sex-related, but can't you be at least a bit more tasteful? Plus, Rachel (and Finn) can't rap. Even Arty was only marginally better than Taylor Swift (sorry mate). And don't get me started on the choreography! I actually agreed with Sue when she said that it was disgraceful, 'cause it was.

Another thing I didn't like about the episode was Terri's lying about her pregnancy. I mean, she and Will have been married for 5 years, right? Surely she can tell him that. I look forward to what happens, as Terri now has 100 awesome points stripped from her despite the fact that she wasn't in the original table.

Lastly, the ending. I understand how 'Take A Bow' is appropriate, but it's a little melodramatic (even for a musical-ish show like Glee) for my taste. And why is Tina and Mercedes there in the background? They don't have much to do with Rachel and Finn's 'relationship', and they didn't sing much anyway. Makes them look useless (you guys totally aren't).

Updated Awesomeness table:

Arty: 49 (one point off for substandard rapping)
Tina: 5 (for being good sport to Rachel about being back-up singers)
Mercedes: 5 (read Tina's)
Will: 0
Kurt: 0
Emma: 0
Ken: 0
Sue: -5 (50 for pointing out the fact that the performance was horrible, -55 for employing spies)
Quinn: -25 (for agreeing to spy on the Glee club)
Finn: -50 (reason explained above)
Terri: -100
Rachel: -334 (terrible rapping and kissing a taken man)

On a side note, not all episodes of Part 1 will be aired again, which means I will have to start blogging from memory again. Hope it won't be too bad.

'Til the next one.

*For those who aren't sure why I referenced Taylor Swift so many times, watch this. You'll understand.

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to watch a single episode of Glee, but I'm enjoying you blogging about it xD

    And irony: the word I had to type in was repper. Almost rapper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? That's an awesome coincidence. And I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This show sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete