Sunday, 5 September 2010

Progress

Hey, guess what?

I've been in Melbourne for two months. TWO MONTHS!

You may also have, by now, discovered my liking of the 'enter' button.

I can't help it.

Aaaanywho, I find it a little strange (and somewhat comforting) that this city sort of feels like home now. I can find my way around my general vicinity without thinking too much, I have things to look forward to - and dread - at school (example 1: robot Physics teacher who is of very little help to his students) and I've now been invited to mundane things! Like playing football at lunch (I had to decline due to my fasting) and being taught a secret card game (though it's not so secret anymore, I was among the first to know)! Also, I am now able to immerse myself in the world of Harry Potter (I'm up to Chapter 3 of Chamber of Secrets) courtesy of the school library (you might also have discovered my liking of parentheses). If it weren't for the bucketload of homework that I shall be working on next week, my life would be perfect.

Until next time.

7 comments:

  1. So, Adi, want to airmail that perfect life over to China for me? Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I understand the bucketload of homework part... and sympathize with learning a new city. But isn't life great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are working out for you in Australia! And yes, immerse is just the right word to describe reading Potter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are barely reading Harry Potter? Shame on you.

    Well, at least you're reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the second book as much as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Hannah I can e-mail you my homework. THEN my life would be perfect.

    @ Grudz 'Tis very much so. NYC must be a handful to get used to.

    It might surprise you that, while I had not previously read the series, I have read and re-read Quidditch Through the Ages, which was a very awesome book. Apparently Australia only has two teams, both of which are in New South Wales. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS.

    I have a robot physics teacher too. Only she's a she. We should hook our physics teachers up. (;

    ReplyDelete