Friday, 15 October 2010

A Day Where the Sun Was More Figurative Than Literal

Not even Melbourne's horrid weather could dampen my mood today. In fact, it was one of the things that led to one of the awesome things that occurred :D

It has, quite literally, not stopped raining since I woke up. Because of this, I was forced to take a form of public transport to school, as opposed to my preferred method of walking. Across the road from my house is a bus stop (which caters to two buses, one that stops right next to the school and one that stops about 300 metres [328 yards] away) and a tram stop, which is for a tram that stops at virtually the same spot as the latter bus. Wanting to take the route that would get me rained on least, I chose the bus that stops right next to the school building. So I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And it didn't come. However, the tram (as well as the latter bus), did. Figuring that I would have about half a minute less in the rain, I took the tram and thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if [Library Girl] (from this post) were on this tram too?" An attractive possibility, actually plausible, but dismissed nonetheless.

As a matter of fact, she was.

Although I didn't know until everyone got off. In spite of that, we did manage to strike up a conversation about the weather, how we both (normally) reach school and our respective first classes (though, I had to go to the music department before first period to discuss the possibility of me taking Music in Year 12 and that, surely, is MUCH more interesting than Chemistry - I may have also taken that opportunity to slip through the fact that I played guitar). So things are definitely looking up :D

A few days prior to this, I went up to a music teacher and expressed my interest in taking Music next year. He didn't recommend me to do so, as I didn't take it in Year 11, but after he quizzed me on the very basics of musical theory and I had answered him with relative ease, he told me to come back on Friday for the guitar teacher (not the guy I asked) to see how I played. This morning, I met the guitar teacher ever so briefly. He asked me things like whether or not I owned a guitar (I do) and if I knew how to play barre chords (I most definitely do). These seemed easy enough, so I figured I had a good shot of being let in.

We ended up making a time at lunch. Mark (the guitar teacher) just told me to do some relatively simple things like play certain chords in barre form and play some scales (he got me at the minors, though - I don't know how to play melodic or harmonic scales). Despite that, he said that I'd be welcome to join the class next year, provided that I read up on some things that he will give me before the holidays and join the informal lessons he holds for some Year 11s on Friday afternoons (I didn't join today because I had to finish some work).

But still, that's pretty awesome.

3 comments:

  1. :O

    YAY!!!!!!!! Rain is good, isn't it? :D

    And you're going to be back in Music! Oh goody! *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU STILL FAILING ME, ADI? Well, you'll be getting an A soon. All the best with...library girl. :P NowgetherphonenumberASAP.

    ReplyDelete