Monday, 5 July 2010

"Melbourne's Mocking Me" - Explained

Warning: this post may contain a little too much information.

So this is what a 20 degree (Celsius) swing feels like. Heck, I was even in 0 degrees after a mere two days from transferring from the more than balmy Jakarta climate. More on that later.

My four days thus far have been eventful to say the least - it's gone from me saying that I quite liked the cold (don't blame me, I was delirious when I said that, as I had just stepped out of the airport) to my inability to sleep (with the exception of two separate occasions) for longer than 90 minutes to me throwing up just about everything that has gone down the gullet. Now, the only reasons for my having left the bedroom is to go to the toilet and to pay a very early visit to the doctor's.

It probably doesn't help that I was taken to Mount Buller on Saturday, which only meant one thing: snow. OK, one isn't quite enough. The second thing: literally freezing temperatures. In spite of my couple of pukes on the bus, I can take consolation in the fact that I at least had a good time while I was there.

I sure hope this blows over quickly - school starts next week! And I would very much appreciate it that I didn't spend my first day vomiting left, right and centre.

5 comments:

  1. how warm was it then how cold was it? then i can convert it to fahrenheit so i can get an idea of how much it changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It changed about 35 degrees farenheit... gotta love melbourne weather ;) that's why i live in sunny QLD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, sorry you're sick Adi! *hands you ice pack* or...a heat pack instead? Or you know what, forget that. *hands you health cookies* Wait, you're throwing up aren't you nevermind those. *hands you magical e-medicine* There we go. :D

    Hope your week gets better!

    I live in a place where a "change in weather" means that it gets a couple of degrees hotter or colder, it's like 70 year round. Booooring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor Adi! Don't worry, it's probably a small virus. It should be gone pretty soon, if all goes well. I hope it all does get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. School starts next week? What?!

    ReplyDelete