Saturday, 10 July 2010

First Day of School? Not Scary at All

So the first one bites the dust: I will be the first in this community to return to school. I know this sounds bad at first, but I know almost no one in Melbourne and there is only so much daytime TV and internet that can entertain me on a daily basis, which means school isn't such a terrible prospect.

I am quite nervous, though. This is very unfamiliar territory and I wanna be able to adapt as well as possible. Hopefully, I won't be too weird for everyone and be able to find a bench of people to sit with at lunch. But then again, being the weird kid who sits by himself at lunch might open up new opportunities. Who knows.

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. What grade are you going into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll be fine... Melbourne people aren't that scary. Do you go back today?? We have TWO pupil frees, so i'm not back till Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laptop and wi-fi connection. Laptop and wi-fi connection. With these two things, you won't care that there's nothing to entertain you or that you're sitting alone at lunch.

    but in all seriousness, good luck!!! we'll all be here for you! (when we're not making fun of you and your adiwhatevers. you know what i mean, i'm sure) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bruce I am now what you call a junior.

    @ Oreos Well I hope you enjoy your two days off, then!

    @ Sky I'll keep that in mind, but the school (I don't think, anyway) has a wi-fi connection. In any case, I don't bring my laptop. I am, however, eagerly waiting for my student login stuff so I can surf the web in the library.

    And thank you, how can I ever not know what you mean.

    Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're gonna do great! Aaaand you have all of us to keep you laughing between classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I know this is a little late, but good luck (:

    ReplyDelete